The co-editors and writers of this blog would first and foremost like to submit a fair warning:
WE ARE NOT EXPERTS OR MEDICAL DOCTORS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. WHAT IS WRITTEN HERE ON THIS BLOG IS NOT MEANT AS MEDICAL ADVICE OR A SUBSTITUTION FOR A PHYSICIAN. DON’T TRY AND SUE US. ALL THAT WE OWN IS BOOKS. SERIOUSLY.
And with that out of the way, welcome to Organarchy! To read the definition see the ‘About’ page. My husband, Chaz AKA ‘literatezombie’ and I, Natalie AKA ‘fruitkiller’ have started this blog for several reasons:
- To document where we buy our food from, how we prepare it and then of course, what we’re eating on a day-to-day basis
- To offer kitchen tutorials of sorts from a cook who has made his living in the restaurant industry for the past 12 years: what you’re looking for when carmelizing onions or how to cut food prep time down, for example
- For a place to review books [cooking and non-cooking], restaurants and products, all vegan of course
- To share our personal before, work-in-progress and [the eventual] after story
- To encourage the use of food items that may seem intimidating, like coconut milk or parsnips
- To show others how they can take back their bodies
- To have a place where we can school those on transitioning from S.A.D. [Standard American Diet] as we’ve both been through it
- To record our successes and failures in our attempts to “veganize” traditional meals
- To share other miscellaneous info we find particularly interesting in our personal journey in Veganland
So with all of that said, here’s a little food porn for ya. We ate this last night. I asked Chaz what he wanted to call it and he said “What’s So Bad About Wednesdays?”
I apologize for the terrible lighting but I assure you all that it was spot on.
So once again, welcome, thank you for stopping by and reading and we hope that Organarchy becomes not only a blog that you read, but a mentality you can embrace in your own life.
Oh and Don’t Panic– after all, it’s just a little vegan deliciousness.